Tuesday, August 12, 2008

1st week of school

My first lecture in school is so boring. The lecturer is basically going through all e minor stuffs that can be found in IVLE (something like Vbus and Blackboard in TP) during the 1st hour. I thought undergraduates should be independent learners and are supposed to find out these stuffs themselves? I also noticed that many do not pay attention to the academic calendar and solely relied on what was told during the orientation talk. These many includes both poly and JC graduates. I realised that I am pretty different from the majority or at least for now.

After the first lecture in NUS, I had a 2-days break before my second lecture tomorrow. I had to do 26-pages of reading before tomorrow's lecture. I am very angry as this reading material was only posted late in the evening yesterday. If you want your students to do some reading before the lecture, post it up earlier and not just 2 days before the lecture. I only managed to read 1 out of the 26 pages and some background information from Wikipedia. I have a feeling that I will not be able to finish it before the lecture tomorrow.

I am not happy with the way the lecturers in NUS work. ARGH!!!

0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com