Monday, January 19, 2009

Meteor Garden, Hana Yori Dango, Boys Before Flowers

They are all referring to the same story by Yoko Kamio. I think it is a masterpiece.


The story itself caught my attention in anime form when I was still in secondary school.


Then as I started my third year in secondary school, I was introduced to the Taiwan real-life version which in this case is known as Meteor Garden. The main casts of Meteor Garden are Barbie Hsu (commonly known as Da S), Jerry Yen (Yan), Vic Zhou, Ken Zhu, Vanness Wu. It was the first human version of Boys Over Flowers.


Then in 2005, the Japan human version came out, Hana Yori Dango. Starring Mao Inoue, Jun Matsumoto, Shun Oguri, Shota Matsuda and Tsuyoshi Abe.


AND in 2009, the Korea version, Boys Before Flowers came out. Starring, Goo Hye Sun, Lee Min Ho, Kim Hyun Joong, Kim Bum, Kim Joon.

Comparing the 3 different versions of the same story, the first thing that hit me was the F4 in the Korea version are much younger and handsomer than the Taiwan and Japan version. (=P) Makino Tsukushi is prettier in the Korea version. In terms of grandness, the Korean version won again. But judging from the fact that it is a newer version, the Taiwan version is probably much grander at that point of time. In terms of acting, the Japan version is definitely better.

Oh, 1 more thing. The Korea Domyouji Tsukasa and the Taiwan Domyouji Tsukasa look so similar. Hehe.


Taiwan version - When Jerry Yan was about the age of Lee Min Ho now.

Korea version - Lee Min Ho.

Don't they look alike. (=D) Currently, 5 episodes of the Korea version is available on Mysoju.com.

4 comments:

Boginya said...

Thanks. that's interesting.
I'm fan of this love story. I was watching Meteor garden almost 7 years ago. But now I'm watching Boys before flowers. I really like this.
Thanks again. (^_^)

Boginya said...

Thanks. that's interesting.
I'm fan of this love story. I was watching Meteor garden almost 7 years ago. But now I'm watching Boys before flowers. I really like this.
Thanks again. (^_^)

cjane_07 said...

i think inoue mao is prettier than goo hye sun !! hehe....
btw..LEE MiN-HO is my husband=))
dont be mad:))))

_% dhidie %_ said...

wiihhh makasih infonya yah... seriously, min ho emg mirip bgt sama jerry yan

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com