Sunday, January 13, 2008

Bank reconciliation

I am doing that now. After leaving Tradewinds, I haven't done bank reconciliation. Now that I have to do it, I am so excited. =P

My mum has been keeping records for a few years and there are some small discrepancies in the actual amount available and the recorded amount.

My job is to go through the bank book and the records to spot the mistake and actual discrepancies as my mum don't record the interest. Had a hard time trying to figure out how did the discrepancy came about. Though the cash in and cash out is recorded very neatly in the book, but interest amount is not recorded and cash in hand is also not recorded down.

Spent a long time trying to find out when did the problem arouse but due to the lack of information, I can only find out the difference and inform my mum.

Next up is to prepare a simple statement for my family and my job is done. Hehe.

0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com