Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bidding begins

I have been sitting in front of my laptop since 8am today because today marks my first ever bidding in NUS. I am so nervous and need to keep monitoring my bidding. I am so worried that I won't get the modules that I bid for. 2 of the 5 modules (1 is still on advance bidding) already experienced number of bidders more than the vacancy available.

Bidding is almost like stock exchange except that your blood pressure goes up and will not go down until the end of the bidding. Yes, I can monitor and read timely updates but from 1pm tomorrow onwards till 5pm, it will be close bidding meaning I won't be able to see most of the crucial bidding information. Leanne told me to anyhow throw my points but I really have no idea if I can out-bid the others. I only have 600 points to bid for the modules and there are people throwing 300 points for just 1 module. Sob.

I already spent 3 days in NUS and now 2 full days in front of my laptop monitoring the bidding. This is just so tough. Sigh.

I also realised NUS or maybe specifically FASS is very bias towards the JC graduates. (-.-') I don't like this feeling. No idea why they don't wish to acknowledge the fact that there are also a handful of poly graduates among the freshmen.

For the 3 days, I tried 2 different routes to NUS and timed the time taken. Both will take approximately 2 hours. (T.T) This will be the first time in my entire life that I need that long to get to school. I am definitely not going to get used to it in e short run ad maybe even in the long run. ARGH!!! Why can't there be a shorter route to NUS?

0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com