Friday, October 12, 2007

Mixed feelings

Went for Hepatitis B vaccine this morning cause my count for the antibiotics is only 41. Super duper low. Really regretted to sacrifice my right hand for the super big syringe. =( It is still numb and painful if I lift my arm to high.

First tuition of the day is all well at first until I started marking the mock exam paper then my mood changed from moody to angry. She only scored 38 out of 100. She is the only student that I have so far that ever complained that I did not teach her something which I taught before. Imagine my anger. She also loves to say that she is very careless and it is not my first time telling her that careless is no excuse for bad results. She complained that the paper is difficult but when I put myself in her shoes to look at the questions, they are really straightforward. Seriously, I think she will go to EM3 if she doesn't buck up.

Next student's mother requested for no tuition next week. Firstly, her daughter's school did not finish teaching the Mathematics and Science topics for the exam and they will be sitting for their exam two weeks later. Plus a one week holiday next week, I doubt the school can even finish teaching within one whole day of lessons. So I explained to her and luckily she can understand and allow me to continue with whatever plans I have.

When I reached home, my dad told me that a building collapsed today and one died. My condolences to the family. Never ever did I imagine that a building in Singapore will collapse. Well, I know there is a case of the collapsed hotel many years ago but I strongly believe in our government to do necessary work to ensure the safety of its people. Luckily the building was scheduled for demolishing and everyone who used to live there already moved out. The only casualty is a worker who was working at the 17th storey at that time. So scary.

I really don't enjoy the busy period now. Just hope that I can get all the rest I want soon.

0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com