Sunday, June 14, 2009

Kelly is right-brained

Kelly is right-brained, meaning she uses her right brain more than her left, therefore please tell her the main idea in future before you move to the smaller details. =D


Just for fun, I did a test to check if I use my right or left brain more. I always thought I use my left brain more since I am right-handed and it has been assumed that right-handers use the left brain and vice versa. However, it seems that I use my right-brain more.

Right-brainers are known to be holistic, random, concrete, intuitive, non-verbal processing and fantasy-oriented processing. I guess that suggests why I can't understand lectures. Haha. Lecturers do not have the habit of giving a broad picture before beginning the lecture, therefore it usually takes me until after the lecture and during revision to understand the lecture. Furthermore, I am a non-verbal processing person, I learn better with images or diagrams rather than a long description of something. Plus, I need to feel or touch something (concrete) in order to understand. At the same time, I am a intuitive and fantasy-oriented processing person. I based most of the things on intuition and when it doesn't, my sub-conscious mind will enter my day-dreaming world. Haha. Most importantly, I am a very random person. As and when I like it, I can change the topic/subject. =D

Therefore, please tell me the broad picture first before you tell me the smaller details in future. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. =P

And, I need to start training my left-brain such that I can be a more linear, sequential, symbolic, logical, verbal processing and reality-based processing person. Haha.

DO you know you CAN train the side of your brain that is less regularly used with one simple exercise? If you want to train your right brain, look with your left eye and vice versa.

If you spotted me on the road with my left eye closed, I am training my left brain. =D

0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com