Sunday, September 9, 2007

Backbone & nerve

I think most of you knew about my old injury or should I say problem with my backbone.

Just a quick summary of my backbone (for those who don't know):
I was diagnosed with a straight backbone a couple of years back after I left secondary school. The normal backbone should look like the picture on the left with slight curve at the top, middle and bottom but my backbone is totally straight without any bents or curves.

As a result, the little 'jaws' between the backbone closed on my nerves. It left me with an injured nerve and serve pain.

I underwent physiotherapy for a couple of months before I managed to lift the 'jaws' up and away from my nerve.





Basically, this is what happened to me a couple of years back. For the last few years, I did feel occasional pain but it always go away. Recently, I keep experiencing the pain that I used to experienced when I was diagnosed with the weird 'straightness' of my backbone.

The problem now is I cannot remember the exercises that my physiotherapist taught me that time. I am now relying on my vague memory of one of the exercise to try to ease the pain. Sad to say, it did not work. The pain is now moving from my left to the right.

Best of all, I don't have the time to go back for an x-ray and I have no idea where is my card for physiotherapy. I just hope that the pain will subside and things will get better with the exercise that I vaguely rememeber.

0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com