Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Golden Apple Snail

Have you heard of this type of snails or saw one before?

I had nothing to do while waiting for my student to work out an accounting question and decided to 'admire' their very 'clean' aquarium. That is when I spotted those snails crawling everywhere in the aquarium.

I must say that it is so cool. I took a few pictures with my handphone but it is just not good enough for the job. However, I managed to find a picture of it.



Just a 2 hours session, I saw so many snails mating. Lol. You will know cause they will stick together for a very long time before they part. Little wonders about the population of the snails in the aquarium as compared to the fishes. =P

I am so interested in these snails now. Haha. Maybe I can add 2 to my very plain fish tank of 2 baby guppies. =D

I read up about them and realized that the Golden Apple Snail is a good tank 'cleaner', very docile and doesn't eat the plants in the tank. But, they can reproduce at an amazing rate and may become a burden to the filter as it populate.

Despite that, I am still wondering where to get them and how much they cost. If anyone knows, please let me know. =)

0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com