Friday, December 14, 2007

Clear all doubts

A junior asked me where am I studying and it suddenly struck me that I never did explain why am I doing what I am doing now.
I am not studying now. I am not in any university because I did not wish to divert from my interest, accounting.


Spending a total of 5 years with accounting, I developed a strong interest in it. I always picture myself working in a finance department of a company.


If you followed me all the way from A Girl's Blog to The Moon Kaleidoscope, you know that I wanted to change my path to Korean at one point of time. Up to this point in time, I still haven't given up on foreign language. I still find it something that I wish to explore.

I spent months of considering and thinking to finally tell and convince myself what I really want.

I asked myself if I really like accounting. Do I want to devote the rest of my life to accounting. Is this really what will keep me interested my whole life. What if I lost interest in the midst. What if foreign language is actually what is destined for me.

I spent a long time. Quited my job and started tutoring. I told myself, this is only for the time being, I need to rest my confused mind and sort my mixed feelings. When I finally sort out my feelings, I started asking myself about what I wanted to do.

Spent another few months. Finally I made a decision, I wanted to do accounting till the day I can't.

My mum always brought back the past when I was in JC. To many of you, I don't think you are aware that I was posted to a JC after the JAE admission exercise. I withdrew from JC not long after experiencing what I thought was a good experience. A good experience in the sense that the experience helped to make up my mind that I don't wish to go through JC in order to enter university. I wanted to take things at my own pace. I haven't regret my decision since.

I totally agreed with what my uncle told me when I was making my decision whether to stay or leave JC, "you need to experience it in order to know if you make the right choice".


I made the right decision!


Now that I sort out everything, I can't leave my current 'position' as a 'guidance' to my students. I can't leave them as they are. They are like my friends who at one point of time 'granted' me time to go through things when I needed it.

I don't regret anything that I have done to date. I wish to continue down the road at my own pace, enjoying every moment. =)

0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com