Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Scam

Was reading Guiqi's blog just now and read about the recent scam that she experienced. Decided to blog about what happened to me recently.

Forgotten when but about a few weeks ago, my house phone rang and after a few seconds, a recorded message was played over the phone.

"You have an urgent message from the Singapore High Court."

Anyway, it was in mandarin with a very strong China mainland accent. I thought I heard wrongly and press a button to repeat the message.

"You have an urgent message from the Singapore High Court"

Puzzled, I decided that I should listen to the message so I pressed another button. The call was then on queue. I was listening to the music and thinking: "What the hell?"

I put down the phone in less than 10 seconds.

Then I started thinking, if it is really a call from the High Court, shouldn't it be in English instead? If it is really some urgent message, shouldn't there be some official notice from the Court? What about the low quality in the recording? It is pretty obvious that this call cannot be made from Singapore. Besides, who would use such a stupid music for queue calls?

After much thoughts, I decided to forget about it and ignore these people. Be smarter. At least record your message in English.

0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com