Sunday, May 18, 2008

UOB new debit card


I don't like this new UOB debit card.

Ok, not totally. I love the word 'Platinum' on it. It means that I can get a bit of more discount at some places and I think I can use it at more places/countries now.

What I don't like about it is its design and the new feature of being a debit card, ATM card and EZ Link card altogether.

Regarding the design, I still prefer the old blue coloured design. The new one simply gives me the feeling of a 'Sale' poster hanging at the display window. (-.-)

Why I hate the new additional feature of being an EZ Link card?
Simple.
Can you imagine when you are boarding or alighting from the bus and having to remove your EZ Link card from your wallet before tapping when you always just leave it in your wallet? I forgotten, today, that the new UOB debit card was and still is in my wallet and I happily tapped it at the machine when I boarded and alighted from the bus and spent quite a few seconds trying to remove my EZ Link card from my wallet which is so packed and tight, now, with more and more cards in it. (-,-)

So, you may say that 1 card having the ability of 3 cards is as good as removing 2 cards from your wallet and making your wallet lighter; but NO.
When I start school in August, I will have a new EZ Link which will enable me to purchase student concession at discounted rates so why in my right mind will I use the UOB debit card as an EZ Link card when it does not entitle me that?

Really don't find it practical for me but the old card is going to cease operation next month. How I wish I still can use the old card. (=.=)

0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com