Thursday, June 12, 2008

Durians

I love durians. They are so yummy and tasty but the durians that we buy are usually the '3 for $10' or '2 boxes for $20' types.

Yesterday, a durian seller came to my house to hard-sell his durians which are from Malaysia and fresh from the trees. Price is $6/kg. Thinking that the durians will be the normal small-sized durians, we decided to get 3.

But when the durians finally crossed the customs and reached my house, we realised that they were huge and very heavy. Thinking of paying about $30-40 for 3 durians, we ended up paying $77 for them! 13kg in total for the 3 durians!


We opened one in the evening to savour the fresh durians. The smell is really strong but the durians are not ripe so the flesh is quite tough and not very sweet or bitter. Still, I can tell that they are really quality ones.

Look at my yummy durians. (=P)


0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com